Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delete sold FS postings?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jzucker, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Just wondering why this is not the policy? I'm searching for an Euphonic Audio amp and I get a zillion hits but most of them are for amps that are already sold. May I humbly suggest that your policy be for sellers to delete [sold] items?

2. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I agree. What's the point of posting "sold" at the end of the thread - or even in the title. If it's sold, simply delete it. It mucks up the search for those looking for gear.

Another suggestion would be to have the "For Sale" threads delete automatically after 30 days or something.

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Hmmm...I agree on this as far as the sold part. Not so sure about after thirty days though.

4. I agree that it does clutter up the forum a bit, and a lot of sellers aren't great at adding SOLD to their listing.

BUT, I like being able to search the sold stuff to see what "real world" prices are on some stuff when I'm shopping, or trying to sell something.

5. elwood

elwood there is no spoo

Jul 25, 2001
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    I'd agree that the old posts are pretty valuable for determining market value of a particular piece. It would be nicer to just make adding "sold" to the thread title a requirement.

6. I search the old sold threads all the time to determine market value for various things, either if I'm buying or selling. I think it's an invaluable resource.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, I leave mine around (but marked as sold) for the same reason

8. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    This is all very silly. Why not have a forum function to move the postings into a [sold] forum.

What's the point in having to click on and go to the last message in the thread in every ad when you're looking for something.:confused:

Additionally, it's not always even the last message in the thread since there are usually half a dozen back patters and assorted "wish I had grabbed that" postings.

It just makes it more difficult.

Btw, You can find market value for items by searching sold items on ebay if that's what you're after.

9. I find fleabay prices to often be inflated compared to the listings here.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I will agree with this. I think having the old listings around is very handy.

11. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    great idea!

I'm sold!
    yuk yuk :)

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Mine is for sale. PM me if you want it. It's a 500.

-Mike

13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Asked and answered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.