Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dennis Chambers Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Ive been checking out the Dennis Chambers band, really funky/jazzy tight stuff, the bassist isnt too bad either! some very nice grooves, does anyone know his name? or heard his work on other stuff?

:) :bassist:

2. It depends on what album you are talking about. He uses multiple bass players all the time. What album/song are you asking about.

Then if you look at allmusic.com you will be able to find out what bassist is playing on which album.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    One of the things I like about buying a album....it comes with credits. ;)

4. Yeah, I'm glad iTunes has started doing the booklet download with the song.

5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Ah no worries guys, i just found out Gary Willis plays bass on ''Outbreak''

Cheers :)

6. Gary Willis plays on one song on "Outbreak"! There are several bassists on Outbreak. He plays on "Otay", which is awesome!

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, I've got that CD and one of the reasons I bought it was there are so many great bass players on it!! :)

Will Lee,Matthew Garrison,Skeet Curtis, Dean Brown, as well as Gary Willis who was mentioned!!

8. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Oh right, cheers for the correction, yeah its a groovey album!

What happens when he tours the album though? does he take all them bassists with him for each song?!

9. Well, it came out in 2002 so I don't think we have to worry about him touring the album. Dennis spends too much time touring with other people to tour his own music for the most part.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Yeah I think this is mentioned in the liner notes to the album - so he is always a side man for so many bands, that it was nice to take a little bit of time out on occasions, to record music he wanted to, with the musicians he wanted to play with!! :)

11. Bruce Lindfield

Funnily enough - I just looked at the CD again and it says a special thanks to all those who actually buy a copy of the CD - but not to those who had a friend burn you a copy!! ;)

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Motown?
    Middle-period Steely Dan?

;)

13. Bruce Lindfield

Citizen Steely Dan comes with a huge book full of stuff....;)

14. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Dean Brown plays guitar....
    Sorry for being punctual :)

15. Bruce Lindfield

Well - I have the CD in front of me and it is says he plays bass (as well as guitar!!) one one track - "Plan B" !! :eyebrow:

16. Dean does indeed play bass on "Plan B"! And if you think he doesn't have some bass player mojo in him, listen to his song "Take This!" off of his Here album. There is one section with his clean tone where you almost can't tell if it is bass or guitar slapping and popping. Very cool stuff.