1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Denver, new-age dance metal band...

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Jeff Martinez, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    ...is in need of a 2nd bassist.

This is a project that's just now coming together. It's just as the title says. Imagine if Rammstein and Deleium hooked up and had a love-child. That's us! So far, we have 1 guitar, 1 female vocalis, and 1 bass (me). I compare my role to the role of a cello in an orchestra. I'm not really a "lead" bassist, per se. I just play things that tend to leave the low-end empty. We are defintiely NOT looking for 1-dimensional, root-note-only bassist. We want someone who can add a creative groove to the foundation of our sound. "Wanker" bassists welcome... if you can also make bodies dance with your groove.

PM me for more info.

2. I just had to open this and see if it was a joke, just from reading the phrase "new-age dance metal band"

That's the funniest subject line I think I've seen here, and there have been some good ones. Thanks for the chuckle! :D

(Suggestion: if you want to take it to the next level, try to work in "polka" or "bagpipes" . You're welcome! <g> ).

3. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    Peekster, thats exactly what I was thinking!

Jeff, when you have some recorded stuff you should put it on MySpace and I'd really like to hear it. sounds like an ambitious combination.

4. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    We'll have some tunes up soon. I'll be posting here on TB once we've got something worth hearing. :hyper:

5. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Bump to see if there is anyone crazy enough to set forth on this journey with me. :bassist:

6. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Still looking for a 2nd bassist, 2nd gui****, and keyboardist.

We have a rough mix up on MySpace. Check it out.

BTW, the opening distorted guitar riff is actually bass. :D