Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Depressing!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tym2cu_bass, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Anyone notice whats going on here? Well, it's kinda getting me depressed. Lately, we've had some loser fake suicide, we've had countless posts of "RIPs" and lots of unnerving news topics like, "Man kills himself after having sex with a hen", or, "another decapitation..."

I don't want to sound cold hearted, but isn't it kinda getting tiring? I mean, I come to TB to learn more about bass, or talk about random stuffs on the OT forum... not to here about more people dying.... :scowl:

2. OT, full of random stuff. People dieing is part of random stuff is it not ?

3. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I heard Captain Kangaroo died not too long ago.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey don't turn your TV on to a major network at 5pm either. You might find out that other people have died today as well.

brad cook

5. Some ant died today.

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    eh..... :meh:

7. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    knee jerk...

8. I'm having more wrist problems, which sucks, but today is a happy day! Put a smile on your face.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Hey Brad, it turns out you're right. Much to the thread poster's dismay, others have died today. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that people may die tomorrow too. Icantell the future.

You may ask me for your fortunes if you all like. Just let me gaze into my crystal ball ......................

10. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    An even more depressing thread:

"Got 2 kittens last night "

11. There is a sticky (I think it was posted by JT) that says it is fake and has some good sounding evidence to back it up, but I am not going to believe anything until I hear from a reliable source, no offense JT, but I am not completely convinced.

However morbid and mean, I do think faking your own death would be funny, but what is the point in a joke if you don't get to laugh with anyone-at every one who fell for it

12. check their profiles(pollys and ryanhughes) they have signed on after that incident, thats where there getting there laughs, whenever they sign on and see us all pity them.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Pessimist.

brad cook

14. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    WHAT??!! Where are these people? WE HAVE TO HELP THEM!

15. uplifting news:

three day weekend!
    i live in san francisco, and i can actually see the sun!

16. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I'm sorry I can't tell you that. I'm afraid it would cause detrimental effects to us all in the future. Don't any of you watch Star Trek?

17. Star Trek is a lie. As a Defender of The Universe, I Optimus Prime shall try and save these people. If you tell me who they are and where they are I would be grateful.

Vbass, if you wish to help save them then you can ride shot-gun.

18. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Ok, heck yeah! Do I get a cool title like "defender of the universe"?

19. We will have to talk about that. I was given the title by Voltron (Nick man). I don't know if any non-giant robots can be Defenders of the Universe. I can ask Voltron, he should know.

20. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    no but you might get fan fiction written about you now ;)