Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Designed The Ampflick Mark 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by annannienann, Oct 28, 2004.

1. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    If anyone read my thread in the Basses forum they will have seen my "Ampflick Mark 1", sadly someone said that it had already been done. So I set about designing the "Ampflick mark 2", a pedal that can pan between 4 amps.

Well I have designed it and await the parts to make it. When it is finished you will be able to move your sound about between 4 amps. You can also you the out puts as inputs and pan around with the sound of two players or have three players in one amp. Or instead of another player an FX pedal can be used. You can increase or decrease the level of the FX over your clean tone/second FX, you can also do things like have your clean tone in the same place and pan the FX from left to right. Does anyone think this is a good thing, does anyone want the plans to make one?

2. yeah, but are you going to add the footpedal like i said in the last thread? the one where you can pan between the 3 or 4 amps?
    that would be cool!

3. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    yes, it is uses 3 sliding foot pedals. I found that a joystick would be too expensive and not very easy to use. Plus you would have to keep your foot on the pedal all the time. There was to option of using a 3 rocking foot pedal but i found that this was too expensive but would be preferable to the sliders.

Any one got any ideas what to inclued in the Ampflick Mark 3?

4. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    interesting stuff. i doubt ill ever have 4 amps to do it with, though.

how about envelope panning? play softly, and the signal goes through one effects chain into one amp, play harder and it goes to another.

perhaps a tremolo-like function for channel switching, with depth and rate controls.

5. thats cool, i'd like to see a pic of the foot controller

6. annannienann

annannienann

Aug 7, 2004
    In the next model I will have osilation between only 2 amps. 4 is hard and I dont know how to do that yet. Eveopling will also be included as all i need is 2 Transistors.

Keep the ideas coming.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Years ago there was some effects pedal that did one thing rocking up and down and another twisting side to side...that would be a way to pan among four amps with a single footpedal

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The original Morley Power Wha pedals used a photocell and a pedal activate shutter to adjust the wha... calibration might be a bit of a chore, but you could do that with your amp panner...