Desperate WRs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Marcus Johnson, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Awright. I'm a Packer fan, but I love to watch Philly play football, and I hate to see the Eagles in the middle of a frickin' soap opera before the season even starts. I admire what T.O. can do on the field, but.... at what point does the average Philly fan throw up his or her hands and say, "just flush the toilet".

The halftime "interview" at the Packers/Chargers game was just an embarrassment.

Whatchoo think, my Brethrenly Lovers?
  2. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Are you aware of the "Feed T.O" food drive going on here ? when he said "All I want to do is feed my family" a bunch of fans started a food drive; it's still going...
  3. Incredible ability + incredible arrogance + incredible lack of discipline = the average professional athlete

It's a shame how much the game has changed over the last 20 years. Sure, there were big egos but there was always sense of discipline--that everyone was part of a whole that had to function as a unit. Football is the ultimate team sport, but unfortunately many of the game's stars don't realize that. Worse is when it carries over into the belief that they are somehow above the law.

An even greater shame is that these guys get virtually all the press--like giving in to the kid who throws a public tantrum.