Devon Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone familiar with this company? I saw one on ebay and it caught my eye and i really liked the style so i checked out their website and im wondering if anyone has heard one or played one.
  2. RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I owned a 5-string Devon a few years ago. Played great, looked great, would have kept it, but I got all retro and decided to play a 4-string exclusively. It was kind of a cross between a Lakland and an MTD. Well made and beautiful it was.
  3. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    A local bass player I know that I see from time to time at gatherings (churchbass!) has a couple of devons. I played them both, and was quite impressed. They sounded great and have great playability. They both had very heavy body woods, of which I do not remember, but they were defintely hefty! I am not sure why these basses are not more popular.

TheLowEnd is a dealer, you could try asking over there if you do not get many answers here.
  4. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    ive always wondered bout them.

their site caught my eye 3 yrs ago. and i was like.. 3 grand. hell no.

they definite look cool. have to try one.
  5. Sexy.... That grace model looks awsome. Don't dig the headstock too much though....
  6. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had a Devon Diamond 5 a couple of years ago and it was a terrific instrument. I let it go due to a bad gas attack and have always wanted another one. He's a great guy to work with and does really nice work. The Low End in Nashville is a Devon dealer check them out!