Did anybody see CSI NY?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whitedk57, Feb 1, 2006.

1. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    One of the victims was partly killed by a bass. And the main character was playing a bass at a gig at the end of the show.

Pretty cool!

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Gary Sinise,was the Bassist and he leads his own blues Band.
  3. While I was watching it, I was thinking.....
    "I know someone will bring this up on TalkBass."
    I don't know what kind of bass that was (murder weapon),
    but it was headless.
  4. I don't usually watch CSI, but I've seen it. Not a bad show.
    Anyway, how were they killed with a bass? Just beaten with it?
    And I didn't know Gary Sinise played bass! Did he actually play it, or just lip...er, finger sync?
  5. Chazzz

Jan 27, 2006
    Spokane, WA
    I didn't see the episode, but he probably actually played. I vaguely recall Sinise slinging a 4-string last year (or maybe the year before) for one song in some televised 4th of July celebration or something like that.
  6. It looked to me like he played.
    I think the tune was "Blue Skies".
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    THe guy 'killed partially' with a bass was attacked by members of an all-girl group called Rough Sects. He was putting up posters of some other band over theirs and they got mad.

One girl tears some of his posters down,so he shoves her. Then another maces him and he cuts her hand with his box knife, so she drops her bass case, which falls open. Then the first girl grabs the second girls' bass out of its case and spikes him in the throat with the headstock end, fracturing his trachea, causing him to drown in his own blood.

Somehow, during the action, a decorative bullet from the bassists' lucky strap falls in his mouth and lodges in the back of his throat.

After the girls run away, their manager, still angry at the dying guy, dumps a bucket of poster-glue on his face, where it dries into a hard shell.

Geez, man. How many times have we heard THAT story?
  8. Gary Sinise does indeed play bass. His band are called the Lieutenant Dan Band after his character in the Forrest Gump movie. I believe they mostly play gigs for the armed services. They also have a website www.ltdanband.com
  9. melodies

Jan 5, 2006
    i have to admit i am addicted to csi..although i really only like the orginal version...but yea i thought it was cool that there was a bass theme.
  10. Was it the bass or victim that was headless???:eyebrow:
  11. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    We need a better gear-junkie than me to identify the basses from this episode.

The only ones I recognized were the Fenders in the music store scene.
  12. all I can think of is that what bass would you use as a weapon thread... or something like that. They seemed to have figured it out

13. Bass.
  14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  15. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

I just saw this episode tonight and started to post about it but luckily, I avoided embarassment by doing a search first.

The murder weapon was a Steinberger (or Spirit) XZ

I couldn't make out what Sinise was playing but the bass in this picture is the same one from the tv episode.

16. S1dewinder

Feb 19, 2008
    Czech republic
    Uhm... does anybody remember what episode was it? I'd like to see it=)
  17. CSI NY is horrible compared to the CSI locales.
  18. New York has actually become my favourite CSI, with Miami second. I find them more natural in their originality without being ridiculous, like the original.
  19. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I don't like Miami, but I dig the other two CSI's