1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Diff between same model bass in a package and the bass by itself

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Armis, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Armis

Armis

Mar 23, 2009
    Odd question.

But as I was window shopping I was told that Squier Affinity Jazz Bass and the bass in the Squier Affinity Jazz Bass package(starter kit) were of different qualities. That basically the hardware in the stand alone bass was different/better than the hardware in the package bass.

Is this true?

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    BS!

They take the off the assemby line and pack them up to ship to the dealer either way. The whole idea of the package is that it allows a big retailer to put a pile of stuff up at Christmas time to make it easy for Mom 'n' Dad to buy Junior one of them bass guitars he's been begging for since he saw Cool Band Of The Week on TV.

jte

3. Afiinity squier is the same all around. My first was an Affinity P bought in a package that was put together by the store (not the factory package) and my buddy got the factory "Rock out like a Metal God with this package and you won't need anything else ever again" package deal. The basses were identical. As a matter of fact we may have switched them once at a practice but we were never sure. They were too new and we were too dumb to have recorded SNs.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Plus, and I mean this with no snobbishness implied, at that level of production they have no motivation to make one "super cheap" and the other one "even super cheaper"... it's going to be the same entry level parts on both because that's what's most economical for the manufacturer. The Affinity "out of the box" is designed to be an entry-level item, with no upgrades whatsoever.

Again I'm not saying that to put it down, we all gotta play what we can.