Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digital Recorder

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by salsjag, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Does any body know of a small recorder with good reproduction qualities that can be used to record rehearsals and or gigs in a digital format. I currently use a Sony Mini Disk recorder but have to load it into my computer in an analog format then convert to an MP3 format. It would be great if I could just edit and load into my computer in one step.

2. basste

basste

Oct 8, 2003
    France
    you can do that and many more with the multitrack KORG D4. you record on compact flash cards, until 2GB, and transfert datas on your PC by usb port. Very reliable..

3. How is the sound quality. i would assume as good as a min disk recorder?

4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The Hi-MD units can do hi-speed uploads to WAV format using Sony's Sonic Stage software. From there, you can convert to MP3, WMA or any other format using conversion software.

5. basste

basste

Oct 8, 2003
    France
    i don't know. i don't use MD. Perhaps you can find ont the korg website technicals data for sound quality ?

6. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    What about the Korg D8? Is that just the big brother to the D4?

7. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I bought one of these.

Click.

After installing the latest software I stuck in a 2 gig pc card and took off runnin!

This thing runs on batteries, has mike sims for the onboard mike which is very passable. It has amp/cab sims for the guitar side.

You basically get 4 single tracks and 2 stereo tracs. Basically a six trac if you ask me. But I guess having those 2 stereo tracks gives you a stereo channel for bass or guitar if you want it and a stereo reverb for the vocals.

Yup, thats how I'm going to do it.

I started recording the band the other night. The drummer and his electronic drums into one channel and me into the other (records 2 channels simultaneously.)

Now it's just a matter of getting folks in one at a time to do their thing.

WooHoo!!! CD by Spring!!! :hyper:

Here's Hopin'!

:D

Joe.

Edit: P.S. - You can 'drag and drop' your individual tracks or a mastered mix to a pc via the USB cable! No having to play the song in real time. It comes with transfer software to do this but I found that you don't need it. It shows up in Windows Explorer as a removable drive. Easy access!

8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    The Edirol R-09 might be what you're looking for.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productlist.aspx?ParentId=114