Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Digitech BP200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by -Rabbit-, Dec 30, 2005.

1. -Rabbit-

-Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    Ok so, I got a Digitech BP200, and it says its got Wah Wah and Whammy in it. But when i turn them on it doesnt really wah wah at all, when the pedal is up, the volume and gain goes down, and when its down it just gets louder.. If someone could help me that would be great! :help:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Read the manual.

I believe it is normally a volume pedal, and you have to switch patches for it to work as a wah or whammy.

3. -Rabbit-

-Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    Ive read the manual and done everything it said to do. And it still doesnt sound like Wah Wah

4. Try rocking the pedal back and fourth while playing... Not moving the pedal will get you no where...

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I can get wah easily from mine..... use the rock wah setting and that's all you need to do.

6. -Rabbit-

-Rabbit-

Dec 30, 2005
    Victoria Harbour
    the rock wah setting is to small of a wah, i want a big kind of wah like in the song Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) by Metallica.

7. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Then i suggest you get a wah pedal if you want a "big" wah sound. The bp200 is not the best of wah's. The sweep is really small, and just in general a bad tone. They also eat tone like it is their job. If you really just want the wah sound of Metallica- get cliff's board. Big Muff + PWB Morely wah (i believe this was cliff's pedal board). But other wahs to look at- dual bass wah, bootzilla, crybaby's (105q, "From hell," the list continues).