1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech Whammy 5 Capabilities

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jake Reber, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jake Reber

Jake Reber

Apr 2, 2008
    Louisville
    I bought a Whammy 5 and I think it's awesome. I've been experimenting with pedals on my upright bass for solo shows, and the Whammy has been great for pushing my upright up two octaves so when played arco I get a more violin-like sound.

I also use a Line 6 Delayer (the green one) and a Russian Big Muff Pi distortion pedal.

So I'm pretty happy with this set up for the stuff I'm doing with loops and whatnot, and I've been thinking of introducing a microphone into the mix so I could add vocals to the loops. Like a harmonica mic or some sort.

I know I could add it into the Delay pedal and get in the mix quite easily as that has two inputs as well as outputs. But I was curious about getting the mic to go through the Whammy pedal so I could use the Whammy effect on my voice and get harmonies and pitch my voice up.

I see that there is a midi input on the Whammy, but I don't feel as though that is any use in this situation. Anyone have suggestions/feedback/ideas?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Either duplicate pedals or a board with a handful of separate effect sends.