1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Digitech XBD bass driver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mxbassman, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mxbassman

mxbassman

Sep 7, 2005
    North Dakota
    Ive heard lots of mixed reviews of this pedal......can anyone tell me if theyre any good? And if not, any suggestions for other overdrive/distortion pedals would be appreciated.

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I thought it sucked, because it seemed it wasn't yourself playing,really strange sensation

3. imho they suck big time!!!!

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    It "simulates" the Rat, Boss ODB-3 and Big Muff, or something like that. In my opinion, it's a little peace of crap. I wouldn't use it even if it was given to me ! :)

But some people are happy with it. The simpliest way is still to test, to make your own opinion.

5. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
  6. I like the fuzz but everything else is kind of "meh".

7. n_n

n_n

Oct 6, 2016
    just got one...the "SVT" sound is nice...not really "SVT" sounding, but nice growly fat distortion...(with a P Bass)
    the ODB and RAT sound...ehm...not really that close, but very versatile distortion pedal anyway....get it used...£30-35 it's a fair price for these

zapped777 and neuman like this.
  8. wasn't A fan when I tried it in my local mom and pop music store. Was pretty shocked to see the bassist from Chevelle using it.

9. waveman

waveman Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I think they are a decent pedal for the money. Way better than the Boss ODB-3.

I have a youtube comparison with the Digitech, Source Audio After Shock, and MXR M 85.

10. Sindhu Partomo

Sindhu Partomo

Mar 10, 2015
    Indonesia
    Bryan Beller uses it. The fuzz is pretty cool imo.

BrentSimons likes this.
  11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have this pedal for many years and it was one of the best bass distortion I have ever use. I did like this pedal for it's fizzy high-gained distortion sounds. I also find the mixer output to be useful for getting a smoother distortion sound through my rig. I would say that this pedal is considered to be tamed compared to the boss odb-3. it may not be the best bass distortion, but I do dig it. I have since then retire this pedal in favor of the amptweaker bass tight metal jr., but I still kept it for sentimental reasons. I was thinking of testing this pedal out once more for old time sake. had some great memories with this pedal.