1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DiMarzio JP set out of phase

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Tangente_bass, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Tangente_bass

Tangente_bass

Aug 5, 2019
    Hey everyone! My name is Matias,.

I recently installed a DiMarzio JP set on one of my basses (Instagram: Tangenteinstrumentos), with the following switches:

1) Precision: Series/Parallel/single coil for EA
    2) Jazz: Series/Parallel/single coil for DG
    3) Mono/Stereo (sends Jazz PU to Ring)
    4) Push pull Tone for Series/Parallel between the PUs
    20190803_170325.jpg
    Quite a mess. The issue is that everything works as expected, when each PU is independant.
    But when both volume pots are at 10, the general volume drops a lot. So I'm guessing the PUs gotta be out of phase with each other.

Question 1: Is this possible? I'm pretty sure I connected everything in the right place, so the PUs must have come out-of-phase from factory.
    Question 2: I can't just simple change Red and Green, because that would mess with the other switches. I would have to switch both coil, and some wiring in the switch nÂș2 for the Jazz. But I wouldn't want to take all that trouble for nothing...

PS: Question 3: If I fix this, I still notice that the Volume pots are very sensitive, I move from 10 to 9 and the other PU becomes dominant. Pots are Log 500K.

Thanks a lot in advance!