1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dingwall D-Roc vs. Chapman MLB1 Multiscale

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by e404smith, Dec 11, 2019.

1. D-Roc Standard

2. Chapman MLB1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi everyone!

I'm starting to look into a new bass, and I've narrowed it down to either Dingwall's D-Roc Standard or Chapman's MLB1 Multiscale model. Has anyone had any experiences with these basses? I'm really looking for any insight into either model. I have no doubt that both are amazing basses in their own rights, so I'm mostly looking to learn about any experiences with either bass -- anything is appreciated!

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Don't have experience but I love those Dingwalls and I think the resale would be higher.

3. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    I've no experience with either bass, but I do have experience with the Chapman brand. I own an ML3-Pro guitar and for the price, the quality is top notch.

That said, the other post is spot on about resale value. If the day comes that you do want to sell it, you're going to have a hell of a time trying to sell that Chapman.

I've actually been planning on a multiscale for my next purchase, and originally, I was planning on the Chapman MLB1, but I've since decided on one of the Ibanez ones instead for a handful of reasons. There just seems to be a lot more tonal options, and the cost vs value for Ibanez is practically unbeatable in my opinion.

4. Those Ibanez basses are an interesting option too! I think I'm heavily leaning towards the Chapman mostly because of the Wenge fretboard/neck, which I'm in love with on one of my other basses, a LTD 1004SE.

Have you seen the sneak peeks of the new multiscale Ibanez basses coming out? It looks like they're going headless for 2020! I'm so excited for those to drop, and I might end up waiting to see what other changes they end up making.