1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

dirt question + current draw question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Devo-lution, May 20, 2011.

1. Devo-lution

Devo-lution

Jun 24, 2009
    Hi y'all

Looking to complete my board. Current set-up goes as follows:

Bass => xotic x blender (loop: maxot phase tone 999 + big john granny puker (mild overdrive to glitchy octave down/subsonic noise) => groove regulator => EHX deluxe memory boy...

Current draw for all pedals I CAN calculate amounts to 160 ma. My voodoo labs can provide 300.

Now, the deal:

1) the granny puker performs greatly in the loop of the groove regulator. Those subsonic, splattery, glitchy and sometimes even slightly bell-like tones can really provide some crazy sounds when looped in the envelope filter. Up till now, this pedal usually provided the mild overdrives, but I feel that's underusing the pedal.

This would require me to find another pedal to do the mild overdrive job.

Checked some samples and I really like sounds like that of the fuzzrocious dark driving. I'm not one to go for BONEKRUSHING sounding fuzzes etc, just some mild dirt that can retain the low end.

Are there any other pedals that perform well in this category?

2) I can't find ANY information regarding current draw of the granny puker other than that the builder advises to use a 200 ma spot. Is it possible for a simple analog overdrive with an unpredictable octave down to draw that much :confused:?

Anyhow

Thanks a bunch

2. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Wait...what voodoo lab power supply are you using?

3. Devo-lution

Devo-lution

Jun 24, 2009
    PP 5 + some daisy chaining

4. Testing_123

Testing_123

Jan 23, 2011
    WMass, USA
    Not directly familiar with the Voodoo Lab product, but max output of 300 mA cumulative (across all plugs) for a power supply system like that seems low... Perhaps it's designed to provide up to 300 mA per plug?

5. are you talking about the ISO 5?

each jack supplies 100 ma except input 5 which supplies 300 ma

6. Devo-lution

Devo-lution

Jun 24, 2009
    Owh, I seem to be wrong in that case... It's indeed an ISO 5...

7. looks like you need to plug the puker into the high draw spot