1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dirty Rain!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasethebass, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Its raining here for the first time since the volcanic ash thing and the rain is totally filthy! Not looking forward to the car in the morning.

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Nice, I wonder if we'll get similar rain.

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I hope not, for your sake - most of the places I've been in your county are muddy enough, without that lot pouring down on it. ;)

4. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Ergh, tell me about it. I hate the countryside, I'm very much a city boy in exile.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Well, I was just kidding, but like all jokes there has to be an element of truth in it. I have some negative memories of Lincolnshire just because of some godawful work I used to have to do there on my travels. Lincoln itself is pretty cool, though - some great pubs.

Whereabouts in the county are you, and where from originally?

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    I live in the Wolds, between Market Rasen and Louth, and about 11 miles south of Grimsby.

I got moved away from London when I was quite young and just have never liked the countryside. My grandfather was the same, he was from near Grantham but hated it and ended up in London.

I've lived in Newcastle and Sheffield but am back here out of circumstance. I feel much better with concrete under my feet.

7. Pah, City folk! The mud is one of the best things about the country. Down here in Somerset we've had an incredibly muddy field that the horse has been living in all winter, and part of the fun was having to wash his feet off every day before putting him in his stable for the night, and trying to keep your wellies on while walking through it!

8. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Pics?

9. Of what?

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Wonder if that crap will eat the paint off your cars?

11. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Sorry! :D

12. It wasnt mucky rain around my parts anyways.

13. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I heard we got some of it here too, I don't know for sure, though.

I heard it was bad for it, indeed.

14. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    the thread title sounds like a Prince song :D