Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Disgruntled Talkbasser

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Those of you who know me know I generally speak my mind... regardless of what it is that's actually on it, and I gotta do it again now.

Not sure why, but Talkbass hasn't felt the same for me in the past couple of months. Perhaps it's cuz I took a break for a little while, but the vibe here seems to have changed. Is it just me? It may very well be. Posts don't seem as thoughtful as they used to, subjects a lot more dull and uninspired. I don't feel like this is as much my family as I used to feel. Actually feel kind of lost in the breeze. In the past when I responded to or started threads there were lots of other responses, now more often than not I get NO responses. A little while back I even went back and deleted a bunch of threads I HAD started cuz it seemed noboby was interested... and I don't know. I guess I just started feeling like I didn't want to wear my life on my sleeve as much as I was, and am doing right now.

What's my point????

:crying: :crying: :crying:

I miss you guys.

I've got some really great stuff going on and I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Do I have PMS?

Will I delete THIS whining, nobody loves me post in the morning. I can't even blame it on being drunk cuz I don't drink.

Is this all just me?????

2. not just you.. we got infiltrated by some bad vibes homey... it's an uphill battle right now..

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, it goes up and down, just like a regular family. I think a lot of people have battled in the Lobby, and it has really done some harm in some ways, but good in others. I'd like to hear about the great stuff you're doing, and I am sure other people would as well. I haven't ever really felt recognized, but you, Joe, have been for a while. You have the mods, and the popular users with umpteen thousand posts. I guess I just don't fit that, though a lot of people have seen me around. I would hope so, as I have over 2000 posts. But anyways, back to the topic at hand, we'll be fine, Joe. I myself try to find a thread that I can make a good contribution on, and sometimes i pass over stuff. I think what we really need is a good troll or 5 to keep us on our toes...

4. It's all my fault.

5. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Is it that we're trying to grow along spiritual lines? ;)

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I guess what you are talking about could be happeneing but I dont see it. It's a lot harder to notice the change when you are there for the whole gradual shift than when you leave and come back though.

7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I think it just depends on where you are looking. I've talked basses and amps to death, and I don't post nearly with the frequency I used to.

Somehow your post seems familiar - didn't you do a "TB doesn't feel the same" type thread about a year ago or so?

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am soooo using that! WOO!

9. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Actually all the degradation was to help you with your TalkBass/Internet addiction. If we responded to your posts or had insightful discussions, you'd never leave here. So what are you complaining about? :D

On the serious side:
    I think that's your answer Joe. Good stuff going on in your real world overshadows anything going on in the e-world.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed your insights on the Band Management forum.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Maybe its that its grown to much and become a bit cold.

In any case, I started a myspace group today for TBers.

http://groups.myspace.com/talkbass

I figure you might want to join sinc eI know your band has a myspace page. The idea is to chat more about anything and not focus on bass. Just a way to hook up as friends with people we already "know."

11. Well I'm realativly new so ????

But it sounds Like someone needs a big ole hug.

There do ya feel better? :)

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If I had a dollar for every thread like this... I'd have about twenty dollars.

-To completely change the subject, what's the title of that movie in which the main character is surrounded by actors, all for entertainment? I think Jim Carey was in it?

13. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Not just here; I noticed a influx of rudeness at most forums I visit. (I just thought it was me.)

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Cool, I'll join. :bassist:

15. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    truman show?

16. Brian S

Brian S

Nov 11, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    The Truman Show. Pretty good, as I recall.
    :)

17. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Is it down right rudeness at other forums, or just picking in good fun?

If so, I think you need to have that checked. It's not normal. ;)

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive noticed that a lot of times some of the long time members will make jokes at each other and the newer guys will think that its an actual attack since they dont realize that the two guys are buddies.

Maybe thats part of it.

19. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1!

20. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I know I'm generally more snarky than before. It's terribly fun.