1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DIY cables

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RobertPaulson, Apr 6, 2009.

1. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    I've been needing some more cables and figured I'd go the DIY route, but i've never built them (repaired more than my fair share though) I've read about types of cable people use and that some people are using microphone cable. I've bought cables from this company before and have always been very happy with the quality (on a site note, their sm-57 clones are incredible)

Anyway... Will this stuff work, or should I keep looking? I looked into canare cable and don't feel like shelling out 80 cents a foot.

http://www.speakerrepair.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=genem&Product_Code=31-251

Thanks

2. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    If your looking for good cable to run from amp to cab. But not as your instrument cable...check out monoprice.com Cheaper than building your own...and good quality 16awg pro cable.

I'm not crazy about it as a cable for my bass...but very good for the other applications. About $8 for 25'

Cheers,
    BT

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo