1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DIY: Trepanation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Aaron, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, I found it pretty disturbing that there are instructions on how to perform a trepanation procedure online.

http://www.steinergraphics.com/surgical/006_17.6.html

You can also learn how to treat gunshot wounds, landmine injuries, and how to amputate limbs.

2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    not just some fly by night (FBN) operation either ... its the WHO! Sad thing is that there is a real need for this information given the percentage of the world that is in civil war or ruled by demagogues.

3. That's a very interesting link. And while I have my reason's to think the WHO is not the benevolent group most think it is, I have to give them props over this. It's a rare resource and could really help in countries ruled by despots.

My only question would be: To whom is this directed? Local folks won't likely be online (DSL in the hut?) and outside medical help will already know a lot of this. I wonder if it might be for para-medical personnel. missionaries, and other charity driven workers?

4. I'm surpised this hasn't been found online sooner. Trepanation has been a medical technique for thousands and thousands of years.

You can make a very nice trepaning tool yourself out of the bit for a hole saw and a bit of handle.

Rock on
    Eric

5. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    I wouldn't be suprised to find anything online. This is the culture that spawned goatse and tubgirl, afterall.

6. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    ^ Words worth gold

7. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i need that info like i need a hole in my head.

:D

8. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
    No need to do it yourself. I'll do it for you, for hmm a six pack.

9. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
  10. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Man, that Pete Townsend must be pretty darned talented...but why do you think that Pete, Roger, and the dearly departed Mr. Entwistle are not a benevolent group? Is it because of "My Generation"?

11. Just a sixer? I wouldn do that for anything less than a bottle of Jack, a case of Guiness, and the latest copy of Playboy.:D

"Is them his brains, doctor?"
    "No, that's just a bit of dried blood. THOSE are his brains."

Rock on
    Eric