Do any of ye cover Dave Matthews?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by I-Love-Ratm, Oct 5, 2004.

1. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey everyone

I'm really getting into DMB at the moment and would like to cover his stuff but alot of it requires violin and saxaphone.I was wondering anybody in a band that doe any of his stuff with just bass,drums,guit*r and vocals?

Mike O Connell
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my band does "Grey Street" , "#41", "Watchtower" (Dave's cover of a Jimi cover of a Dylan tune) , and "the Stone".

The linked tracks are live at a coffee house with just my singing guitarist & lead player.
  3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Dude - did you ever hear his single acoustic guitar and single vocal version of Grave Digger? Holy cannolli! That's all HE needs to blow me away, man!

How about Peter G.'s In Your Eyes done the same way? Man!!

..So some bass and percussion on top of that should only be great!

4. Our band does Crash into me with bass, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, drums and piano. The electric guitar plays Tim Reynolds parts as if it was a Dave + Tim show. Sounds great. The piano just does little fills here and there. We do a couple others too. There are also a LOT of people covering dmb with just those instruments at
  5. And James, I LOVE to play the Stone with a geetar wielding friend of mine. I think it's one of the best arrangements DMB has ever done.
  6. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
  7. ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    One of the bands I'm in does What Would You Say, Satellite and Two Step with guitar, bass, drums and keyboard.
  8. chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    My band does Too Much, but we have a horn section. It should work without one though.
  9. Also, the new song 'Hello Again' has not used a horn part for much of the summer tour, so I'm sure an early version would do you well.
  10. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I did a bass/acoustic guitar duo performance of Crush once -- sounded really cool.