1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do these actually work?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Asa Samuel, Mar 16, 2009.

1. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LG-RENOIR-COOKIE-SECRET-2-INTERNAL-SIGNAL-BOOSTERS_W0QQitemZ170311090312QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item170311090312&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Do they actually make a difference? It says it re-radiates the signal, but would this also increase the damage that phone radiation does to your body? I'm not usually bothered about phone radiation as I don't use my phone to make calls very often, but if this would increase the radiation significantly then I won't bother.

Does it work? :)

Thanks in advance,
    Bass Junkie

2. I got one of those free a few years back, stuck it in my phone. Didn't make any difference.

And I doubt you'd have to worry about any health risks mate :), I'd be more worried about the impact on my wallet, for no benifit :p

3. Alright, thanks for the info, I'm still interested in getting one though, living in cornwall there isn't a lot of reception about so it it even only works a little bit then it would be an advantage.

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Save your £2. They don't do diddly.

5. Yeah, they don't do nothing really.

6. So if I'm to read your post correctly, they actually do something?

Double negatives are fun.:p

7. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    It's a double edged sword really. Yes they do work kinda like tin foil on your tv antenna does. On the down side they also amplify Noise on the signal so it actually sounds worse in many situations.

8. KoalaDummy

KoalaDummy

Mar 16, 2009
    i dont buy that it works.

9. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    +1...

I would try a new provider if you have an alternative...Back when I got my first cell phone nothing made my reception any better except switching to Verizon.

10. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I had one in an old cell phone (2001) and it seemed to work. now I would just change providers if I had that problem

11. The house I am in are on different providers and they all have the same problem, I'm on orange which usually has great signal.

12. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    If they worked, don't you think the phone manufacturers would have figured it out, and built one in to the handset in the factory?

Or perhaps the guy in ebay knows more about designing phones than Nokia?