Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you keep a Journel/Diary

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 25, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have for the past nine years and i wish i wrote more in that period. Some times i will write every day for three months and other times i will write two times a month so it varys for me but i do keep track of whats going on in my life with it. Give it a few months or years and you some very interesting reading.Who else keeps a Journel/Diary ?.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I do. I'm hoping that someday I get famous for something, then I can publish my "memoirs".

-Mike

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    No... i cant read or write:(

thanks for rubbing it in my face :crying:

4. Then how do post on talkbass...?

I keep an online journal, but like you, don't update as often as I would like.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    yeah, I like burittos...

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've debated it, but when the end of the day rolls around, I forget the day's events.

I used to keep a blog, but then I had stalkers. I figure I'll start writing it down again soon.

7. I wrote my first diary last year. It's good to look back on it and see what I was doing this time last year; what my thoughts were, my attitudes to things, what I was doing, etc...

My best friend gave me a new diary for Christmas to write this year in; it was a Secret Santa present, and he bought it in Sevilla (we were in Spain for Christmas last year). So I have a Spanish diary this year. :D

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nope. I'm into the "resurrection" concept. One day at a time. One "moment" at a time. Buddha said the same thing, if you can get past all the mythology. Think of it like a Markov process. Besides my memory isn't shot yet, and when it is, it won't matter anyway. Hopefully my kids will be too smart on their own, to be reading my diary. :D

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I generally post a bit of what's happening on my website. I try to keep it music related, however; I don't need my tens of tens of fans digging through my personal life.

10. DaftCat

DaftCat

Jul 26, 2004
    Medicine Hat
    I've considered a gig diary.. I'm not intereted in documenting my life but I think a gig diary would help me tremendously.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    i still say... why waste your time writing on what you lived through and then reading what you lived through when you can live some more...

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    +1x10^umpteenth!

There are "professional historians" out there, and I'm not one of 'em. :D

I don't see that as part of my "responsibility" to all y'all. I'll leave that to the experts. :)

13. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ve been keeping a diary of my daily stuff for three years now.

It´s actually fun to look back once in a while....

14. MAJOR METAL

I will write tonight. :)

15. I use to keep a journal. Started it sometime during High School, had it going for a few years, and then my writing in it just dwindled down to nothing. I'm not even sure if I still have the notebooks I used.

16. MAJOR METAL

Just started a new journel book yesterday. :)

17. Aqueousillusion

Aqueousillusion

Feb 8, 2005
    I just started a journal, about my everyday events, yesterday.I have 6 composition books of my poetry, but everyone was saying I should try and write a normal journal. I had tried it before but I wasn't consistent. Now I am trying again. I hope it works well.

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I write fiction on a daily basis, which is usually cathartic enough to be considered a journal, of sorts.

I guess.

19. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Introspection.

Having the ability to learn and gain from past experiences, makes futures ones more rewarding.

20. MAJOR METAL

I agree with Jazzbo on this plus it makes for an interesting read after some time. :)