do you see the lady turn clockwise or counterclockwise?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yvon, Jan 23, 2009.

1. clockwise

39 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. counter clockwise

11 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. both ways

76 vote(s)
    60.3%
  1. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    http://zoozot.com/cool-sites/TurningGirl.htm

I see it clockwise and wife see it counterclockwise. But after a little while she was able to see both side.

I can't see it the other way around.

How do you see her??

Sorry if it's been posted before, I don't spend 40 hours a week in off topic :rolleyes:

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I can see it either way.

It went right, then left, then back to right.

3. n-j-

n-j- Supporting Member

May 13, 2008
    mpls, mn
    I can see it either way, by deciding if her leg is in the foreground or background when it sweeps through the middle.

Cool link.

4. ive seen this, and i used to be able to see both, but right now its just going clockwise. might be that im tired.

5. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    I can only see it clockwise

6. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    counter at the beginning but then clockwise most of the time.

7. Zombbg4

Zombbg4

Jul 15, 2008
    Olympia,Wa
    At first counter, but when I tried to see it going clockwise I could.

8. Both ways. When I see it one way I look at the shadow on the bottom for a sec and back up and it changes.

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Both. Every time I looked down, and then back up it changed.

10. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    And damn she must be dizzy by now. :D

11. nickn

nickn

Oct 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ummm is this some kind of trick or something?

She's only spinning one direction (Clockwise) and the file is just 30-odd frames of her rotating... how could she possible change directions?

12. if click on her she stops rotating for a moment and then whichever direction i move the mouse pointer to she starts rotating in that direction

edit: you have to do it quickly, try it. i use Firefox btw

13. Hi.

She starts to rotate clockwise which is constant with the way the majority of the male brains operate according to most of the studies.

I have no difficulties with changing the direction though, must have something to do with being good at descriptive geometry and working with different mechanical machines since I was 6 years old.

Cool link thanks. Killed my e-mule DLs though :(.

Regards
    Sam

14. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    clockwise.

15. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Inactive

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Anti-clockwise. Woo! I'm different.

16. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I've seen this a few times before. It's easier to make her switch direction if you don't look at her boobs, but at the feet instead... :)

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    When I first looked at it I saw her spinning counter clockwise for two or three revolutions. Then, it looked as if she was constantly changing direction back and forth on me. :eek:

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Clockwise. I couldn't get it to change.

19. Wow what a trip! Counter clockwise if I'm looking directly at her.

It got trippy when I started reading the text at the bottom, because it starts rotatings clockwise, or back and forth. Each time it gets to one side, I feel my eyes (or my brains switching back and forth!) kind of tick to the corresponding side, and back and forth and so on. If I keep my eyes lazy and don't follow either side, it goes clockwise but the leg kind of drags and blurs or trails across the screen..... It gets weird when then 3 come together and the blur takes the shape and movement of a hockey player skating towards you, but not coming off the screen or anything (to put it in words..). My eye catches something after a few seconds, and again this when in my peripheral, almost as if I was trying to see one of the 3D "can you see it" pictures that were everywhere in the 90's.

Now I have to go back and look at it, interesting link thanks!

20. Clockwise at first, then when I scrolled down to read the text I could see counter-clockwise. Pretty Cool!

Russ

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021