Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Do you think you post/reply here too much?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 13, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm one of the guys here who probably spends more time surfing TB than playing the bass, sleeping, eating, or doing something else that is more constructive. But it occured to me, I think that aside from being here and reading things, I may be posting too many things. It gets pretty bad when I look at the list of new replies and all I see is:

Last post: fourstringdrums

Does anyone else here feel like they post or reply too much? Like you have this condition where when a new thread pops up, you have to reply to it or you reply to something and then think "Ok, was it really necessary for me to respond to that?"

:eyebrow:

2. Now, excuse me while I go post elsewhere. ;)

3. well, i haven't really been on TB that long... but for the length of time i have been active, yes... way too much.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Nah. I do notice that too sometimes though. One day I remember seeing my name at the top of all the forums... I was slightly taken back by that, but a qucik Ctrl+R saved it.
    I just like to be helpful, or at least put in two cents, and I always have questions...

-Ray

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that guy jt.

he posts WAY too much

;)

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yes. About three days ago I posted my triumphant 5000 post warning. Just hit 5100 tonight. I guaruntee 6500 by Christmas.

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i will prolly hit 4000 by the time i leave for college (the 28th)

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

College just might slow you down a bit. ;)

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, maybe not. So there. :p

10. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I am an insufferable wind-bag that feels a compulsive need to interject my own somewhat bitter/sarcastic wisdom-nuggets into the innocent threads of those who seek true enlightenment. I have waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on my hands.

11. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Not me. Sometimes I get a little embarassed when I login for the first time in a day and reply to several posts and see my name at the top of five or six threads. I think to myself that others are probably thinking, "Man, doesn't this MJ5150 guy have a life?" I keep refreshing hoping someone else will reply to get my name of the last post.

-Mike

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Fixed it for ya Mike.

14. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I think I post here too much. I debate not posting probably 9 out of every 10 posts I make. I almost didn't make this one.

15. Andyattalkbass

Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    England
    I've been here for 3 days now and according to my profile I'm averaging 4.something posts per day. The thing is I probably spend no longer than 45 minutes on here so its not to bad! :)

16. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    No.

I have on average 1.28 posts per day, I don´t think that's much.

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have almost 10, used to be like 15 but ive calmed down lateely because ive been very busy. Whenever im on my computer im on TB, and whenever im free doing nothing productive im on my computer so...

yes

18. I would have to say a BIG yes.

I find this place somewhat addictive.

I don't always post, but I do a lot of lurking. Right now I seem to be posting more. If I read a topic and my view has already posted by someone else and my posting would be nothing more than redundant, I usually wont post. With the exception of the occasional supportive "+1"