1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you use skin care products?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Oct 1, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something

About 20 years ago I started using sun screen on my face every day after having some minor skin cancer. Over the years that progressed to using sun screen with moisurizer and now I use a face cream plus sun screen everyday. I use more natural products so I am not taking a chemical bath. I use Mychell "pumpkin renew cream." I also use a more natural sun screen made by Alba.
    My face already looks like a roadmap so I am not expecting miracles. Plus I seriously like my wrinkes, I have earned them and they are part of who I am. But I am trying to avoid any more skin cancer and keep my skin from getting too dried out.
    I know my father would have never thought of putting cream on his face. Any other men who use skin care products?

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

winterburn69 likes this.
  3. slobake

GREAT! Now I am getting ads for beauty products. :scowl: "Transform Your Lips Without Surgery" Cindy Crawford and a photo of someone with horrible acne.

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Hmmm...slobake in an avocado mask...photochop wheels turning!

5. slobake

:p Avocado and cucumbers

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I tried a few on my face for my oily skin, but they didn't help much, so I stopped.

I need to find something for my hands as I am always using hand sanitizer, which I figure is destroying my hands one way or another.

-Mike

7. manghu67

manghu67

Jun 13, 2011
    Omaha NE
    Dial and a wire brush.

blastoff99 likes this.
  8. Sun screen if I ever have to face the sun.

Used to use Savlon a lot, but that was more for keeping cuts and grazes clean after a game than to maintain moisture :p

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    At the risk of getting my man card pulled...

I use a daily scrub/face wash when showering. Just because you're past your teenage years doesn't mean that you stop getting blemishes.:atoz:

I use a sunscreen with moisturizer daily as I spend my days in the sun and hope not to suffer from excessive exposure knowing the risks of too much sun.

10. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Likewise, I use a moisturizing sunscreen on my face, and I've recently considered using something similar for my hands. To say the least, it seems to work. I have a lot less wrinkles creeping up around my eyes than most other people around my age, though my thinning hair isn't doing me any service :bawl:

11. Use the wifes Oil of Olay face cream with SPF 15 included and been using it for almost 10years each morning. It seems to stop the aging process, at least on my face, especially when I look at my peers of the same age. Un-manly? Sure, but who could even tell? Plus, I have the added bonus of protection from drying out and sun exposure.

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I use St Ives Apricot Scrub on my face. I get it at Target; it costs $3 and it lasts me a good 2 or 3 months.

13. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Apricot scrub, anti-acne cleanser and an astringent face wash. I used to have a nice mint & eucalyptus wash that was pretty cool, but it was too expensive so I dumped it.

14. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Ivory soap: body wash, shaving cream, and shampoo all in one.

15. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I use Cetaphil bar soap on my face pretty much daily. Helps get the oil and crap off my face after work.

My hands however are super soft now that we switched to a different coolant at the machine shop. You'd never think a machinist would have healthy hand skin... :p

16. TOOL460002

TOOL460002 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz CA
    I use an exfoliation cream thing before shaving and then a moisturizing type cream thing after shaving. Highly recommended.

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I use hemp oil on my hands during the winter to try and stop those annoying cracks in my fingertips.

18. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Yes.

I have to, otherwise my skin just goes weirdo.

I use PanOxyl 10%, which is probably the greatest thing ever created for faces.. It literally changed the way my skin looks. Also completely stopped my razor burn, which I had given up on trying to stop. Best part is that it's over the counter.

I also use Tretinoin 0.25% (overnight) and a light sunscreen/moisturizer.

My GF makes fun of for this, but, if I don't do it my skin is just an oily mess.

19. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Zest, washcloth, Barbasol, straight razor, Aftershave.

20. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    No.

Aberdumbie likes this.