So i got a DOD 250 in the mail today and spent the better part of my night modifying it. I really need to socket my S***. After some trial and error I made a few mods I changed the input cap to .1uf (from .01uf) I also changed the last cap in the chain from .001 to .01uf AND I changed the .056uf cap to a .047uf (I had a film cap lying around) I also removed the diodes and replaced them with two LEDs for more output and better OD I also socketed the IC and replaced it with a JRC4558 I think I got something good going here P-bass with chromes The first part of the clip is clean Next part is vol and gain at noon next is vol at 1 oclock and gain at 3 oclock next is volume and gain maxed - i play with the phrase a bit to show the dynamics. and it's late - so forgive my sloppy playing. And it retains the bass well most of the way up.