1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD 250 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dalley, Aug 13, 2005.

1. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    I just tried the DOD 250 for the first time at a gig last night. Tone wise, it seems to be what I am looking for allthough I still have to play around with it.

The only issue I have (any 4X10 w/tweeter users out there feel free to chime in) is that there is a noticeable hiss with the pedal on. This even is present with the volume on the bass off. I might try to turn down the HF attenuator on the back of the cab ...

I didnt expect this because I used a DS-1 Distortion and didnt notice any hiss whatsoever. Is this normal or do I possibly have a bad unit?

2. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i havent really noticed any hiss but im not using it with a 4x10 or anything. it is possibly a bad unit, tho certain pedals like the ibanez PD-7 certainly do make a hissing sound, but that goes away when you turn the gain on the pedal down. if the 250 is still making noise with the gain and volume down then i would suggest it has a problem.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Could be a plethora of things... how high is your HF attenuator cranked?

4. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    the HF att. was set at 12:00, so last night I bumped it down another quarter turn and it helped a bit. Still too much noise for solo situations in my opinion. Obviously when the band kicks in you can't really hear it. I was thinking too using an active MM Stingray is not helping because those preamps are hot to begin with. Might be less noisy with a passive bass.

I'm sure I tried turning the level and gain all the way down but can't remember what the result was ... I will try it and see what happens. If it still makes noise with the levels down, I will send it back to Musicians Friend.

Side note - I paired the DOD up with the Digitech BSW and finally was able to get close to Geezer's tone for the NIB intro solo ... these are the only 2 stompers I use. I have an old ART multiverb rackmount I use for Chorus/Flange ...