DOD 250 question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dalley, Aug 13, 2005.

1. dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    I just tried the DOD 250 for the first time at a gig last night. Tone wise, it seems to be what I am looking for allthough I still have to play around with it.

The only issue I have (any 4X10 w/tweeter users out there feel free to chime in) is that there is a noticeable hiss with the pedal on. This even is present with the volume on the bass off. I might try to turn down the HF attenuator on the back of the cab ...

I didnt expect this because I used a DS-1 Distortion and didnt notice any hiss whatsoever. Is this normal or do I possibly have a bad unit?
  2. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i havent really noticed any hiss but im not using it with a 4x10 or anything. it is possibly a bad unit, tho certain pedals like the ibanez PD-7 certainly do make a hissing sound, but that goes away when you turn the gain on the pedal down. if the 250 is still making noise with the gain and volume down then i would suggest it has a problem.
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Could be a plethora of things... how high is your HF attenuator cranked?
  4. dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    the HF att. was set at 12:00, so last night I bumped it down another quarter turn and it helped a bit. Still too much noise for solo situations in my opinion. Obviously when the band kicks in you can't really hear it. I was thinking too using an active MM Stingray is not helping because those preamps are hot to begin with. Might be less noisy with a passive bass.

I'm sure I tried turning the level and gain all the way down but can't remember what the result was ... I will try it and see what happens. If it still makes noise with the levels down, I will send it back to Musicians Friend.

Side note - I paired the DOD up with the Digitech BSW and finally was able to get close to Geezer's tone for the NIB intro solo ... these are the only 2 stompers I use. I have an old ART multiverb rackmount I use for Chorus/Flange ...