1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DOD FX25B volume problems

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by musicman281, Jul 30, 2012.

1. musicman281

musicman281

Apr 25, 2012
    Recently purchased a DOD FX 25B off ebay and it seems like whenever i engage the pedal i loose a substantial amount of volume so i don't know if that is just how the pedal is or is there something wrong with it or is it something i can just fix by turning a couple knobs

2. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    same here, that´s why i don´t like the DOD FX-25B ...

seems like many people complaining the volume drop, so i believe it´s a "normal" thing. on the other hand i found this information but not sure if the bad pots only refer to the FX25 (without B): It is prone to a specific failure over time where the volume drops by about half. The culprit is the "sensitivity" potentiometer, so just replace it with a new 500K linear pot. As far as I can guess, DOD must have bought a large shipment of bad-quality 500K pots. Source: ovnilab.com

Search google for "DOD FX-25B mod" ... some people switched one or two restistors but can´t tell you if the results solved the problem really.

3. musicman281

musicman281

Apr 25, 2012
    Yeah i originally wanted q-tron but nobody had any in stock so i went with the DOD bit once i get some money saved up i'm gonna either take it in to the guitar shop and see what they can do with it or start looking for a qtron

4. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    NO, wait ... the Q-Tron has the opposite problem ... volume spikes. I have both: DOD FX-25B and the Q-Tron+ ... i dislike both. If you need an great envelope filter without volume drops or spikes check out these:

MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter
    3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator 2

5. They all have this problem unfortunately. In addition to sucking your tone even when they are off.

6. musicman281

musicman281

Apr 25, 2012
    Are your sure because the dod has volume spikes but i'm pretty sure that's part of the filter i'm pretty sure if u turn either the peak down or range to low i'm pretty sure that would stop the spikes. But i could be wrong