1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does this look like a real MIM Fender p bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NickUK01, Jul 26, 2012.

1. NickUK01

NickUK01

Jul 18, 2012
    Hey guys,

Sorry to be a pain, bought a bass that I will be picking up over the weekend, to be it looks legit etc, but having seen a couple of threads about people having bad luck with second hand basses just wondering if someone could see what they think (never actually picked up a second hand bass before you see)!

Couldn't get the photos off the page so have to post a link unfortunately. Serial no. etc all looks real but anyway, here's the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190703328795?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks for the help guys!

2. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Seems legit to me, but I'm not a Fender Expert. I'm curious, though, where the graphic on the pickguard is. Typically the Dirnt had a star or something on the pickguard. Maybe the owner swapped it out.

The tuners seem right, as I'm pretty sure only MIM and MIA Fenders use the tuners with the Fender on them.

I forgot what you paid, but if the price was right for you, then you got a good bass. Enjoy.

3. NickUK01

NickUK01

Jul 18, 2012
    I think it's the Squire models have that the star on the body. Thanks buddy!