Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dogstar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by girlybassplayer, Oct 3, 2003.

1. 10 century indigo

Hi!

This isn't anything interesting to do with makes or models of basses (I only own a Peavey Milestone III and a Westone Thunder Mark I), I was just wondering if anyone had heard of Dogstar and if you know any bass lines cos there's none on the tab pages....

Lots of love,

girlybassplayer

2. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm,, Interesting. I work at a ski hill, and I've actually met/talked/skied with the drummer for Dogstar. VERY nice guy, good skier too....

He did give me one of their cd's (has a sunflower on it?).... suffice to say that I wish he was just a nice guy who skied, and that Keanu stuck to acting.

hehe

3. Yep, he's better at saving the world than playing bass.... LOL!

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I never thought one's bass playing could be worse than Keanu's acting.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I hardly see the kind of flick Keanu usually does, and I'm not that interested in dogstar to care whether they're good players or not but I have a question.

If he's so bad, why is he so famous? Has anyone looked into that?

Jeez, I'm not supposed to be the one hijacking the thread...:oops:

6. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    With a pretty face and enough promotion even a guy like me could be the next...err...Keanu Reeves.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Honestly, I'd have to say he's famous becuase of his role in the Matrix, everyone loved that movie, well, anyone who understood it!

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    he was pretty famous before that wasn't he. I mean he was in Speed, and...uh..that movie with patrick swayze...and ok so maybe not.:D

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I thought his career was made by his tour-de-force performance in the 'Bill and Ted' movies.
    They really showed his acting range. Who can forget such lines as "Whoa." and "Excellent.":rolleyes:

10. dude...there's a bomb on the bus.....uhuhuhuhuh- bombs are cool and stuff...:p

anyone else notice a striking similarity between Keanu's and Butthead's voice on early Beavis & Butthead?
    eg. the Frog baseball and Baby makes three episodes ("uhuhuhuh- we'll never see it grow up", when they drop the bag of sugar in the river)

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Man, you gotta give Mike Judge more credit than that...