Double bow case

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Big Bass Daddy, Jan 30, 2006.

1. I am looking for a double bow case. My problem is that my German bow is just over 32" long and it seems that every case I have seen holds bows up to 31". Is 32" unusual?

Anyone know of a longer case built for two bows?
  2. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I have two but they are different. The stacked dbl case is 31" but the flat side by side layout case is 32" inside. PM me if you need it.
  3. If worst comes to worst make your own. It'll take a little craftmanship to do but it'll be worth it. The downside is that if you have a problem you can't complain to a compony lol. And LOL at that plan B hahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  4. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    i bought one of these, and there's alot of extra room. i had to put in some spongs to fill the gap at one end. i've had it for over a year now, and its great. i travel with it alot, and it's still like new.

EDIT: Just saw the same case on Bob Gollihur's site for almost half the price. GRRRRRR.:mad:
  5. Mac,

Thanks for the tip. As it turns out I got a sweet deal from Ken Smith on a long double case he had and wasn't using.

Thanks again Ken!
  6. PVC pipe--the most economical and easily customizable case of all.
    You can even buy caps for the ends, and if are so inclined, install a strap. A lot of orchestra guys use them.

Or am I just cheap?:smug:
  7. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    well yes you are;) , and it'd be a pain to try and keep 2 bows not to hit against each other in a pipe!
  8. It's not a hard case but it has decent protection is a pool cue case. That's what I use and I figure as long as you aren't throwing it against a wall you are good to go.
  9. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    It is a DOUBLE bow case you're looking for, right? well then a pool cue case isn't idea either...

am i reading this wrong?:confused:

but looks like you got one! enjoy.
  10. Twelve lashings for not reading the post before replying.

One of the guys here at school has a gorgeous double case that his father built for him--if you have the resources, I'd say have someone build one for you. You know it's going to last forever and it's something unique that you can be proud of. could buy TWO pvc pipes and hot-glue them together!
  11. Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004
    Added bonus for the 'Twin Pipe' design: You could wear it on your back and pretend it's a jet-pack! neeeeeoooooooow:bassist: