Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Double recording software

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 16, 2004.

1. I am running n-track 4. I recently upgraded my computer and I put an M-audio card in their. The box came with a CD of Reason software. From what I've seen, I would like to have reason on my machine so I can have midi stuff, outbound effects for piano and other midi stuff, and the drum machines interest me alot to. But would I be able to make music in Reason and then record it to N-track? And would it be worth it to put reason on the machine for drum loops and midi stuff?

2. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I am not familiar with N-track, but check and see if it supports "re-wire". If it does then you are good to go. Re-wire lets you run Reason and you Audio Software simultaneosly, Reason functions as a plug-in. Cool stuff. Other wise you can compose stuff in Reason then import the audio into your audio software. Not nearly as effeciant or user friendly but its a way.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think the reason that comes with M-Audio stuff is demo-ware and not really fully functional, but I could be wrong so I'd advise checking that out before installing it.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I bet you are right, did not realize he meant the free ware version. Demo stuff is probobly going to leave out Re-wire.