Double recording software

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Oct 16, 2004.

1. I am running n-track 4. I recently upgraded my computer and I put an M-audio card in their. The box came with a CD of Reason software. From what I've seen, I would like to have reason on my machine so I can have midi stuff, outbound effects for piano and other midi stuff, and the drum machines interest me alot to. But would I be able to make music in Reason and then record it to N-track? And would it be worth it to put reason on the machine for drum loops and midi stuff?

2. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I am not familiar with N-track, but check and see if it supports "re-wire". If it does then you are good to go. Re-wire lets you run Reason and you Audio Software simultaneosly, Reason functions as a plug-in. Cool stuff. Other wise you can compose stuff in Reason then import the audio into your audio software. Not nearly as effeciant or user friendly but its a way.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think the reason that comes with M-Audio stuff is demo-ware and not really fully functional, but I could be wrong so I'd advise checking that out before installing it.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I bet you are right, did not realize he meant the free ware version. Demo stuff is probobly going to leave out Re-wire.