Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Down the pub the other night.....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so i was at my local on a friday night as usual to have a few beers and watch the band....but the other night...i left after the seccond song.....their sound was horrible......the drum kit was at least a kid size and sounded really bright and the bassist was playin a ric through a peavey mark 4 and a 2x15 cab.....but get this...NO MID OR TREBLE...and it was the same with the guitarists but through marshalls and 4x12"s....and they couldn't sing to save their lives....its really a wonder how they got the gig at all

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That sucks. I saw some live blues last week and the sound there was awesome.

3. Maybe YOU should have had the gig instead.

Most everybody wishes they could get the same tone you have with the perfect rig like you have, and have the great drum set that you have, and have the kickin' guitar rigs you have, and have the sweetest voice like you have and everybody wishes they could have the attitude you have.

What was good about the two songs that you graced their presence with? Even the worst show has something good about it.

P.S. You forgot to mention your Kubicki. Just trying to be helpful.

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Yeah well, I saw a good band on the weekend... so?

Nothing more to see here. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.