1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DPA rubber holder makes so much noise.

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by chilensko, Jul 10, 2019.

1. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Hi All,
    Yesterday I went to a recording session and I used the DPA with the rubber holder and during the test the ingeniero discover a noise like a vibration, so we tried the holder in different places and no solution.
    Finally the ingeniero hold the mic with his hand and the noise was gone.
    So we ended up mounting the mic on a mic stand just like a regular mic.
    So I'd like to know if any of you folks had this same "experience -issue" and if any of you can recommend a solution.
    Definitely the rubber holder can not keep up with the bass vibrations.
    Thanks !!!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Not my experience do you have the D:Vote? I have had issues with goosekneck buzzing against the inside of the bridge. The goosekneck extension avaliable from DPA will solve that issue.

3. Roger Davis

Roger Davis

May 24, 2006
    England
    Talcum powder?

4. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I don’t think that mic technically should be used for professional level recordings... Unless I was in an ensemble or big band situation. How did it turn out?

5. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    While their are certianly better options. I have used it record with and didn’t have the issues you’re describing. The DPA Goosekneck will buzz if it makes contact with the bridge.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  6. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    I haven't heard the recording yet but I think the engineer was fine with that mic. I was a small studio and we recorded live. probable not the best recording situation. I might post some samples later on.

DrayMiles likes this.
  7. chilensko

chilensko

Sep 27, 2010
    Thanks Ric,
    the funny thing is that I had this problem before at home and I blame it to my bass, may be a crack but my bass is been recently restore and there is no cracks at all.
    May be my bass that vibrates to much, I don't know but I'll experiment more.
    And certainly I wasn't the gooseneck touching the bridge.
    Thanks for helping!!