Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dribbling.....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by basstard1, May 18, 2005.

1. basstard1

basstard1

Mar 12, 2005
    O.k, I am slightly worried here, and need the help of my fellow bass players. Is it normal to er..... dribble on your bass while playing? It always happens during solos. I had a cold once and i found a great big drip of mucus making its merry way from my nostril onto my strings. I only noticed when the guitarist pointed it out to me. It has happened at gigs.

So have you got any advice? Whats the most embarrasing thing thats happened when all the crowd's attention is on you?

2. Hasn't happened to me, but I bet it happened to someone out there somewhere. Physicists call it "phase change", when matter changes from one state to another. Say liquid to solid, like water into ice.

Of course, I'm thinking specifically about the "gas to liquid" phase transition that may occur when farting (or the attempt thereof) while having "intestinal distress". Always think twice when farting under the influence of the Abdominal Snowman..... Even Anti-lock breaks can't prevent all kinds of skid marks :help:

Randy

3. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    umm....were you a drummer in a previous incarnation?
    :D

4. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    It actually happens to my brother when we jam together (he's a guitarist).
    I usually start laughing uncontrollably when that happens, and the end of our jam is imminent.

5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Ever seen the Mudvayne: Live in Peoria DVD? Watch the guitar players mouth.

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Happened to my guitarist a while ago, I mocked him mercilessly. We were practicing a song for our program, and he dribbled (drool, not nose-dribble) on his guitar while playing. Of course, less than two weeks later, I did the EXACT same thing while practicing at home :rolleyes:. I'm only happy it didn't happen on a gig!

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Happened once to me when I was sick (nose liquid):(

8. I have dribbled from the mouth on various occasions! :hyper: It's usually only when I get really into a groove or a solo.