Drop-in bridge for Talman 5 string w/ narrower spacing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xichael, Aug 26, 2020.

1. xichael

xichael

Jan 4, 2011
    The Talman 5 strings all have the 18mm spaced B15W bridge, but I'd prefer something closer to the 16.5mm spacing of the SR series. What are some options that won't require drilling new holes?

2. xichael

xichael

Jan 4, 2011
    I suppose the question is whether any bridges have either 5 mounting holes spaced at 18mm, or 3 spaced at 36mm

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  3. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Oh man, I was thinking it was too narrow already! Although I haven't tried a SR 5er in a while.

Would an SR bridge fit then??

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Severalvbridge would fit and have the spacing you want but I don't know of one that would have the same holes. You may find one browsing through Ibanez parts. They show mesurements on their site however they are hard to find.

5. xichael

xichael

Jan 4, 2011
    So it seems to be the case, after looking at diagrams from various manufacturers, that hole spacing usually follows string spacing. Each of the 7 options for Hipshot A, for example, have holes that correspond to each model's spacing.

Looks like I'm not going to be able to avoid drilling, unfortunately.

6. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    KickAss then adjust the spacing. Itll look funny though, having the strings all out of whack with the poles. But, it shouldn't make a difference on tone. But, with the nut width, your not going to notice a whole lot of change squeezing your strings together. 20200823_131500.jpg 20200816_121721.jpg
    But, that bridge. Just get the five string version. They're pretty cheap.

7. xichael

xichael

Jan 4, 2011
    Oh cool, I see the KickAss "Mount Pattern 2 (Squier)" is 0.706", or 17.93mm, which should be close enough. 17mm is as tight as the string spacing will go, but that's closer to the mark anyway. Thanks for the intel!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021