1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drummer issues...(flake)...what do you think!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by tweek84, Jan 3, 2012.

1. tweek84

tweek84 Guest

Aug 23, 2010
    hey guys, so once again, drummer issues...sorry for the length...my buddy and I are putting together a punk band and just need a drummer, well, we know a guy who when we talk face to face at work comes across very excited to be involved in this project. Issue we keep running into is he keeps flaking out. Me and my buddy have put together a bunch of stuff already so we can have some material to throw at him, we were supposed to jam last week and he canceled and now he was supposed to meet up and jam today but now says he cant be available til friday/saturday. We continue to give him a shot but i dont know if it is a good idea to get involved with a guy who cant get his things together to play just one day during the week...i have never heard him play or seen his set-up and to tell you the truth i dont think he can really play and has just been talking him self up. Shoot some opinions my way if you dont mind. Thanks guys!

2. Move on, now. Find a real drummer. Life's too short to be dealing with flakes.

3. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio

That'd be my guess.

4. tweek84

tweek84 Guest

Aug 23, 2010
    thanks guys for the input....got any recommendations on finding someone? We have a craigslist ad up and I am currently contacting every band and musician or friend of if they know anyone available but so far nothing. Drums always seem to be a headache