1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drummer Wish List

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by progmanjum, Mar 20, 2013.

1. progmanjum

progmanjum

Feb 17, 2009
    Try to limit yourself to three (3).

+1 Tim Alexander (Primus)
    +1 Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
    +1 Stanton Moore (Galactic)

2. Niko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
    Micky Dee (King Diamond) yes I know he's in Motörhead but that doesn't count
    Mark Zonder (Fates Warning)

3. progmanjum

progmanjum

Feb 17, 2009
    +1 Tim Alexander (Primus)
    +1 Niko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
    +1 Micky Dee (King Diamond)
    +1 Mark Zonder (Fates Warning)

Copy and paste this list. Thanks!
    Zonder!!!

4. +1 Tim Alexander (Primus)
    +1 Niko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
    +1 Micky Dee (King Diamond)
    +1 Mark Zonder (Fates Warning)
    +1 Bernard Purdie (Session)
    +1 Jeff Porcaro (Session & Toto)
    +1 Steve Gadd (Session)

5. Virgil Donati ...

6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    What exactly are we wishing for?

7. 1. one with good timing 2. one with no drug and alcohol problems 3. one that stays away from my wife but seriously i'm serious

8. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    John Bonham
    Ringo
    Danny Seraphine

If he can nail all three, he's good enough.

9. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)
    Jean-Paul Gaster (Clutch)
    Mario Duplantier (Gojira)

10. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Gavin Harrison

Senri Kawaguchi

Ryan Van Poederooyen

11. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    Now this might be a boring choice, since very few of you probably would know him, and that I previously already have played together with him for several years.

But my prefered choice of drummer would hands down be Per Cnöeldh, as he prefer to be called, from the band Menfolk I once played in.

He is a quite talented musician, and not only on drums, although that is his prefered instrument of choice, he is quite good on keys and guitar as well.

The reason why I would chose him, is that we play well together not least because our styles fit well together as well as read each other well.

I am pretty happy with my current drummer too though, probably even more musically on the same page, but not quite as good and hard hitting as Per.

Here is a an example of Per Cnöeldh's skills (I play on these tracks as well):

Also I love what he is doing on the drums by the end of the noise piece that ends this song, right before the fibonacci inspired end break.

Totally out there quick paced crazyness:

There are probably more tight and technically good players out there, but for me I can't imagine a drummer that would fit me better.

Then there is this song, which probably is the closest we ever came to make something that could sound like a hit while I was in the band:

And this one I helped compose, but had left the band by the time of the recording:

You might ask why I left the band then, and there is no better answer that I might have been an idiot. I had just grown tired of making that kind of music at that point, and felt like I couldn't put the effort and heart in it required to continue.
    Two years after I left they were playing at the big Roskilde Festival in Denmark :(

Eventually the band sadly broke up though, and at the moment Per is not playing anything, as he is too busy with working and taking care of his family.

Him, the guitarist/lead singer and I have plans of doing a jam session sometime this fall, nothing that will lead to any new releases though, just for fun and old times sake.

So I am very much looking forward to that, I am sure it will both turn out fun and interesting :bassist:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  12. Cozy Powell
    Simon Phillips
    Vinny Appice

13. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    John Otto
    John Otto
    and, John Otto.