1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drums only tracks specific songs

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Jenny Skittles, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jenny Skittles

Jenny Skittles

Jan 31, 2018
    Does anyone have a resource, like a drums only person who posts on youtube, with drum tracks for specific songs? Looking for someone actually covering a song where you cannot hear (or very minimally hear) any other instruments, especially the bass. Need something to practice with where I can only hear what I am playing on top of it.

Genres I'm interested in are rock, funk, beatles/stones, grateful dead.

Any links would be helpful as they may lead to others. Thanks!

2. I asked Google for a drum track on Hotel California and got the following.

Google may be the answer..... Other than that, best I can do.

3. BOOG

BOOG

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Spotify: search beat tracks or drum tracks will get at least different rhythms but, I have not found or looked for specific tunes

4. Jenny Skittles

Jenny Skittles

Jan 31, 2018
    I found this. Not what I was looking for but what a great tool!

Youtubeloop.net

You can isolate and loop a specific section of a song.

5. bolophonic

bolophonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I search for “drum cover” videos all the time on YouTube. I watch solo drum videos more than anything else.

BOOG likes this.
  6. StudioStuntz

StudioStuntz

Jul 19, 2015
    Don't know if the equipment of the audio you're playing to has bass and treble knobs for it's output, but if it does, turn the bass knob all the way to the left, and the treble all the way to the right, whether the audio is heard through your speakers or headphones.

This will remove any bass leakage.

If you're playing to drum tracks only, obviously add bass to hear the bass drum better.

At home, I've only played to the radio, regular CDs, or standard songs via iTunes.

Way back when, I used to have both my output source (computer or tuner/amp) and BG plugged into my Pocket Rocket.

If the music was in iTunes, I just tweaked it's equalizer settings like in the first paragraph, and ditto for the T/A.

Both audios would come out of my headphones...music in stereo, mono bass in the middle.

Jenny Skittles and BOOG like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021