Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by m1k3_88, May 24, 2005.

1. m1k3_88

Jan 23, 2005
    I know theres some drummers out here on TB so im wondering if you can help me out. I've been wanting drums for years and have the opportunity to get a Pearl Forum set bass drum, 3 toms and a snare, crash stand and hi-hat stand not including cymbals for $425 canadian. This would be my first set and just something for me to learn on and for my drummer to use in the garage for an alternative jam room sometimes. Would this be a good deal or am i going to get ripped off? If it is a good deal can you give me a few suggestions on some cymbals to get? A friend of mine recommended getting another cymbal stand and getting a 3piece Zildjian set of hi-hat, crash and a ride. Thanks, Mike.
  2. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I know zildjian has some cymbal packs that are pretty decent.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to misc.
  4. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003

Sounds pretty good. I would shop around a bit and see if you can score an old set of Westbury drums (I'll wait until the laughing stops before i continue). They can usually be purchased complete with cymbals for around 300 - 400. I used to own a 1990 set of Westburys that I dragged through hell and back. It was a back up set used for practice and even gigs (when you mike a set, garbage cans can be made to sound good!). I gave them to my nephew a few years ago and he still uses them as a practice set. No breaks, cracks or other problems. Excellent value for money.
    If you are set on the Pearls, make sure the shells are not cracked, including the bassdrum hoop (rim). I would not give him more than 350.00 because there are no cymbals and an equivalent quality set new would cost around 500.00 with stands.
  5. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    sounds decent, but if its a deal thatll be around a while, i would wait. i decided to get drums but then waited around for like a year to get a good deal, and it ended up paying off. i got an older, good condition pearl exports with decent cymbals, an upg bass pedal and upg cymbal stands for $400. just gotta look around and be patient to get the most for your money. :smug: