DS-1 and CH-1 with Aftershock and Gemini?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Horgh, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Hey all, FNG here,

I currently own a Source Audio Aftershock and Gemini pedals, which appeal to my engineering/tech side and also sound great. However, I'd like to replicate (as close as possible) the sounds of a Boss DS-1 and CH-1 pedals. I've never owned either of those pedals, so, my questions:

1. I assume the Aftershock DS-1 engine is pretty close to the real thing. However, do the Tone/Level/Distortion knobs on the DS-1 relate directly to those controls on the AS? Similarly, what should the other AS controls be set to (in general) to not stray from the real DS-1 sound?

2. Which of the Gemini engines would be close to a CH-1? Same question as above about the CH-1 controls matching those of the Gemini, and about other settings on the Gemini to keep close to the CH-1 sound.

I realize this is an odd set of question, so thank you up front. I also realize I can get my hands on both Boss pedals for about $100 used, but I'd like to see if I can make the magic happen with these Source Audio beauties first.

Thanks!

2. Buy a ds-1, cheap built like a tank.

3. tonym

tonym Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2011