Dual musicman pickup bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mytt88, May 27, 2018.

1. Mytt88

Mytt88

Jan 18, 2011
    Anyone know of any basses that offer dual musicman style humbucker configurations. I know of olp which are hard to come by or HH stingrays which are a bit expensive. I've seen a few Warwick's but I'm looking at rockbass level/pricepoint so I can experiment on it without feeling guilty of ruining an expensive bass.

I'm looking for a powerful sound so I might purchase a g&l Tribute. Currently playing a fender modern player jazz which I love apart from the jazz shape neck and the weight. I might dremmel out a cavity under the scratchplate but not sure how much of a difference that would make so would rather keep it for recording and take a lightweight to gigs.

2. dls119

dls119

Jun 27, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I’m reasonably sure Warwick has a rockbass version of the corvette $$.

I’m addition to your list, there’s also the Fender Standard and/or Squier Dimension, which would be affordable and offer a double humbucker configuration.

3. Mytt88

Mytt88

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks for the response.

I don't think the dimension bass has mm style pickups they look like a different shape so I wouldn't be able to swap out pickups or are they the same?

The Warwick corvette is an option I forgot about
    But man its fugly. Shame they don't do a streamer as $$

4. Thump C

Thump C

Dec 20, 2016
    Get a Music Man Sabre!

mdogs likes this.
  5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Buy used. G&L tributes are cheap

6. Mytt88

Mytt88

Jan 18, 2011
    I just bought a second hand l2000 tribute series. Sounds almost perfect in some ways (powerfull, hifi and agressive) but a bit disappointing in others (just a tiny little bit too "clacky"/ lacking mids and sustain. Can't get harmonics to ring out and fret buzz). Maybe needs a setup.

For my usual practice routine through my practice amp with headphones it's unusable. Seems to be distorted, probably clipping from hi output. I was hoping it was the battery but it's not.

I doubt it will be good recording direct with a di but might be ok micing it up through a cab. I think it will be great for playing live though.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021