1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dumb wireless mic/instrument question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Sep 26, 2013.

1. I have had a wireless instrument setup once upon a time. Basically, here is the deal. I setup my sound equipment for parties where I work...and I have always just used a wired mic for speeches, etc. I was thinking of going wireless.....so my question...is there a wireless instrument module that I could plug a mic in to as well? Not at the same time....just so I could have a wireless for a mic when I am not playing music...and then use the same unit for when I am playing music? I would never need the mic and instrument wireless at the same time.

Might be a dumb question....just thought I would ask.

I saw something like this:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/akg-wms-40-mini2-vocal-instrument-wireless-microphone-set

I was hoping I could buy just the wireless mic at first and then add on the instrument pack later....they do sell them separate, but the only way is to have 2 of the receivers I think?

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Some are interchangeable. My AudioTechnica system is. I have a headset mic as well as an instrument cable that both plug into the bodypack. You have to switch the mode on the unit. I have a Samson unit that can do it as well. The mic comes with a transmitter built in. Just match it to the freq. of the receiver.

3. Thanks DW. Can you post the AT model or the Samson model please?

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

My AT model is an older discontinued one. The Samson I have is a Stage 55. What I did was, I had already had the Stage 55 Instrument system. Since I wasn't using it for instrument, I bought the wireless mic (must match the Channel of the receiver). In my case, Channel 19. I bought it separately from www.bhphoto.com. The channel also matches the receiver operating frequency.

5. Thanks! I found the Stage 55 set, but don't see just an individual mic.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather