Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Urbs, May 12, 2004.

1. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    This is quite the year for gaming and to prove that it is, E3 has all the developers there to show there stuff. So post anything about e3!

Halo 2 oooooo :eek:
  2. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm excited about the DS.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Sony Playstation Portable

Nintendo DS

4. Sony PSP!

Halo 2!

Metal Gear Solid 3!
  5. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    There have been quite a few VG threads...

Halo 2 is on the top of my list; Doom III is as well. I haven't been keeping up with all the news lately... that Sony handheld looks crazy.

C'mon, guys, I have bad enough GAS with instruments. I have a feeling that my bank account won't be growing much anytime soon. :rolleyes: :p

Keep the posts coming!

Edit: Whoa. That Nintendo handheld has 2 screens!?
  6. and how could I forget....

Half-Life 2. And all the crazy mods that will undoubtedly follow. Doom III looks sweet too.
  7. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Yeah nerds of Talkbass, unite! I love E3, i'm really looking forward to Halo 2, Fable, BC, i gotta start reading up on what they have at E3 this year, i haven't looked up anything yet.

So keep the posts coming.

sorry I really know nothing about games... however, I'm on the Nintendo team... they brought me something only intelevision had brought me before
  9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yeah, I saw that hte other day, total insanity. Of course, that's just the engine, they've got a LONG LONG time to go before they have a game together, eitherway, it's going to be quite the sight.
  11. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Oftentimes I'm sitting alone, when all of a sudden I'm struck by a quandary like a pile of bricks.

"Am I playing enough video games?"

The answer is always, no, no you are not.
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that's OK, my agp slot would eject my current card (which can more than handle unreal 2k4) in disgust if I tried to run it.
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was a gamer. Then I got into music. Simply not enough money/time to do both.
  14. The second screen on the nintendo handheld looks useless. Could have done w/o
  15. +1
  16. Imagine how cool Doom 3 would have been if they actually released it 2 years ago like they planned. The graphics for that game are still better than anything currently released, but they have pushed back the release date so many times by the time it finally comes out the graphics will be nothing special. They had initially expected the game to require a 750Mhz processor and 32MBVRAM and that was huge back then. The requirements are probably going to be just crazy for that game yet they still maintain that they will release an unaltered version for the XBOX.

edit: I just read that running the game on the XBOX will be like playing it on a lower end PC. Those with super high end computers will be able to turn up the video options to make it look significantly better, but for most people the XBOX version will be the same.
  17. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    To see some ideas for using two screens check out the tech demos at pocket.ign.com

18. Yeah, but its way cheaper to buy a 50 dollar xbox game rather than spending hundreds to upgrade my pc :D