1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EA Micro 300- what component is failing/failed?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by edge83, May 3, 2010.

1. edge83

edge83

Apr 12, 2004
    Astoria New York
    At first, all the limiter lights (jacks 1/2, as well as master) would all come on and stay on, after a few seconds, when turning the amp on.. even with nothing plugged in.

Now when I plug anything in, you get almost no sound.. a tiny bit of distorted sound, but the smallest amount of signal makes ALL limiter lights come on. Just play one note/sound on either bass with gain not even at 1, and see ALL limiter lights (including the input i'm not plugged into) fire up full blast.

There was during my second gig today, worked fine the first- this was just attempting to use the DI out into a PA (done it before, not hooked up to a speaker)

There was/is some of that 'electrical' smell from it too.

Not that i would fix it myself, but does anyone know what this typically means is blown/happened etc, if there is a 'typical'?

Thanks

2. Call the boys @ EA...

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    Cape of New Jersey
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music (retired)
    Just for clarity this post refers to one of the first Micro 300 heads (not the power amp currently used) sold in January 2008.

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I had to send my 300 back to EA for a new power supply. It was also a first generation. It wasn't too big of a deal, and EA turned it around really quickly.

5. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005

Same here. No problems since then!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool: