1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Earplug Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GreggBummer, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for all of the helpful responses :D

Do the Etymotics help you hear yourself better when singing?

I'll probably order all three in an effort to keep the SPL below 80dB while remaining able to hear subtleties. With 25dB attenuators in place, they oughta work well around woodworking equipment, too!

2. You could even get a filter for the custom earplugs that filters out absolutely everything! --Kent

3. bspot

bspot

Sep 9, 2008
    Charlotte NC
    I grabbed a set of ER-20s lately and they seem to work well. However, the only 'issue' I have is that as a guy who sings a lot of harmonies in my band, I have a harder time hearing myself sing with these in my ears. I have no problem hearing everything else, just my own voice. Are there other earplugs that singers recommend?

4. Customized earplugs help a little bit, in-ear earplugs even better so you hear the band and other singers.

Anyway, as with anything else it's a matter of practicing. I had a hard time singing with even custom earplugs initially. Nowadays it's not a big deal.

5. +1 to the custom plugs and everything you said. Mine were $150, but I figure saving the hearing I have left is worth more.