Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EASTWOOD BASSES...sweet looking axes!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ERIC31, Feb 2, 2006.

1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I was just looking around for something interesting and came across these beauties. www.myrareguitars.com is where you can get them. I'm pretty stoked on this.

Anyone familiar with this company?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The second bass looks liek sthg the guitarist of the white stripes would use.

3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
  4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
  5. gamera

gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA
    Our guitar player Baron Von Tenafly has one of the Mosrite copies. I think it goes quite nicely with the smoking jacket.

He dropped some Lollars in it as the original ones were a little microphonic. He original bought an airline from them It was an airline custom in Seafoam green. One of the most beautful guitars I have ever seen, but those pesky switches all got in the way.

As for the White Stripes comment, the guitar version of the airline is what Jack White plays.

[​IMG]

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

No five string models. :scowl: Cool instruments, though.

7. The red one reminds me of Jack White of "The White Stripes" electric guitar.

-ryan-

8. The Eastwood has some of the Mosrite styling cues but it doesn't really look much like a Ventures model.

Rick B.

Attached Files:

9. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    That's true but it looks close enough and the price is definitely right! ($399.00) A real Mosrite (if you can find one) costs a lot of $$$$$$>

10. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm realling diggin' that black and white one. Very cool looking. Wonder how these babies sound.

11. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I think they're some of the best-looking basses around, but I've never been able to play one.

Mike Robinson, the owner of Eastwood, is a really, really nice, helpful guy, though.

And, in case you guys didn't know, the reason the Univox copy looks kinda like a Mosrite is because the Univoxes were Mosrite copies in the first place...

12. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

Ahhh! There you go. I didn't know that. I learn something new everyday

Thanks man!:D

13. The Wilson Brothers Ventures basses look pretty nice also. They are a little more expensive - higher $400s to mid $500s. Original Mosrites are indeed hard to find and Japanese collectors have driven the prices way up. The one in the pic I posted lives under my bed. :)

Rick B.

14. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Ick! No thanks....