Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Easy way to make money?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Capitano, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Capitano

Capitano

Apr 17, 2004
    This has probably been done before but, what is a really good way to make money. We can't get a job, because all of us are slightly under the working age here.....which is 16. I really can't think of anything at all that'll bring in money fast. We would really like to play some gigs this summer and we need a new PA System soooo........any suggestions? :help:

2. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Don't know if this applies to where you live, but try mowing lawns. You'll have to knock on a lot of doors to find customers though.

3. country_boy

country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    I don't know you're location, but if there are any farms nearby, you probably make some money (get a workout and a tan) haying, or picking rock. Its funner than it sounds, back in high school (1996-2000) I was making $7-$10 per hour plus dinner sometimes.

4. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Off Topic as this is not bass related. :)

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Doesn't the FBI pay for information directly leading to the capture of wanted individuals?

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    $3,000,000 for information that leads to the capture of Hannibal Lecter.

(Or you could sell drugs.(Or you could be a prostitute.))

7. grab an acoustic and go to your city park, or to a grocery store front, and play.

Downside is you can play all day and somtimes make only enough for lunch

8. i've tried that. one kid even took a dollar from me. i ran after him about halfway down the trail until i gave up and went back to find that the rest of what i had was taken. darn you whiipersnapping park theifs!

if i had worn sunglasses then alot more people would have put money in

9. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX

Well then they would have kicked you.

10. Sell drugs.

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I already said that, are you just too lazy to read 8 posts?

12. the sad thing is...you're probably right.

13. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

14. Hired assassin (requires much skill to not get caught)
    Lottery winner (have someone old enough buy a ticket and promise them 15%)
    Thief (like assassin, it requires much skill)
    Fashion Designer (requires celebrity dedorsements)

15. "This has probably been done before but, what is a really good way to make money. We can't get a job, because all of us are slightly under the working age here.....which is 16. I really can't think of anything at all that'll bring in money fast. We would really like to play some gigs this summer and we need a new PA System soooo........any suggestions? "

He asked for suggestions and I stated mine. You may have said it but I'm simply agreeing with the idea jokingly. Maybe if you weren't so anal about someone agreeing, restating or even stating his own opinion you wouldn't be such a jerk. You may have not intended to be a jerk but without the use of smilies it is hard to tell someones 'internet tone' to see how they intended things to be understood.

16. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    [​IMG]

;)

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble.

17. I think we may have a few who find it funny but it really shouldn't be posted on a family forum. Gave me a laugh though.

18. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    That's just wrong... :crying:

19. Let's all be friends now. You two kiss and make up, NOW!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

20. Judging by that metallic device, I think they're gonna be doing more than just kissing... :eek: :D

Oh, and another vote for drugs...

Leigh