1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EB Musicman Stingray HH active circuit loose wire and low output problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by skaine, Apr 16, 2019.

1. skaine

skaine

Dec 11, 2014
    I sold my jazz bass and bought a used EB HH Stingray, its output was almost lower than a passive p bass.

Question one:

When i removed the cover to look inside the active circuit, i saw this loose wire in the photo, its tip was in one of the screw holes, but it wasnt connected anywhere? Can anyone tell me whats this wire for? Is it normal that its disconnected and loose like that? And is it normal to have an output like a passive bass?

Question two:

Also the neck humbucker is significantly have lower output, when i put the switch all the way down to bridge and touch to the poles of neck humbucker with a metal tool, there is still current on the neck humbucker. Isnt it supposed to cut the current at neck magnets when its switched to the bridge humbucker all the way down?

I put a brand new battery by the way.

If something wrong i will bring it to the shop and ask for my money back. I can take additional photos if its needed. by the way.

mmray.jpg

2. ex-tension

ex-tension

Jun 11, 2009
    It's normal, that wire is a ground connection. it's going out like that in order to touch to the aluminum foil at the back of the control cavity cover.

'A passive P bass' is not something with a standart output signal level. Some passive P basses have really high output. It might be normal.
    Dual pickup MusicMan basses have complicated switching circuits. You might ask about your case to the other HH Stingray owners here. Search for other topics or see the 'club' threads to ask there.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021